Monday, May 24, 2010

What can I do to entertain my Hamsters?

I have two Hamsters. A male Syrian, Duke. Who is very loving and cuddly, but can be very perky. Then there is Avril, and perky Russian Dwarf Hamster, who is extremely,extremely vibrant; very,very perkyand hyper! I get them out to play, and hold them, exct. But I'm not sure if they are entirely entertained and whatnot. I love them to death, and want them to have goods lives. Any ideas for playing with them. The only thing specific I do is let them climb the stairs, and go up and down. And let them roll in their rolling bal around the house. I'm afraid they are gettign bored. I seriously think Avril is hyper-active. She is busy 24%26#92;7. What can I do to keep her intertained?
Answers:
Honestly hamsters don't get bored they are content with just paper towel rolls and a wheel in there cage to run. Hamsters love to play. Just take him out and let him run around your lap and where you are sitting. (Make sure that there are no hights from him to fall from)

Get him an exercise ball, they absolutley love these, and make sure you let him exercise in it every day.

When you take him out offer him treats everytime, a liitle fresh fruit or veg, nuts. yogurt drops etc... He will love you for it!! Have fun.
Sweet! I have had so many of them in my life!
Well, give them a wheel, wooden is best b/c it wont squeak as much, get all sorts of things they can explore, I like to feed mine sour cream and carrots, raisons, pretzels, bunches of safe people food! As long as you hold them every once in a while, they should be alright. have fun!
give them a kitchen towel roll.
empty of course.
but my hamster, Freddy, loved it.
give them healthy treats, buy more cages, and a bunch of tunnels they can roam around in
Of course, the ultimate hamster toy is a paper towel/toilet paper tube. Cut holes the size of the opening of the tubes and join them together. They will love it.
give the paper towel tubes, different flavored treats (mine love being taste testers), get little ladders for them to climb...see if the dwarf can do monkey bars, mine that died last year was like an olymian monkeybarist... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment