Monday, May 24, 2010

What breed should I get?

I currently have an appy who I have to retire due to old age, I have been riding him in pony club for quite a time and now i have joined my local jump club, my sport is showjumping and I want to go on with that for the rest of my life. What breed do you guys out there reckon I should get?
Answers:
Throughbreds are good horses, but here's a site that has different horse breeds:

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/horse...

hope this helps!
i personally like Thoroughbreds. They like to go, go, go which comes in handy when you are jumping.
I own 2 now-- Stanley (TB, 7yrs, dark bay, jumps 6ft) and Shooter (mare, 5yrs, medium bay, jumps 5ft). I show them in hunter/jumper shows all the time and they love it.
I sold my other 8. :-( money

but i could keep 2... i have to pay for EVERYTHING. and i love Stan and Shooter as they were the first horses i ever had, and we really work together.

Good luck, keep in touch!
love.malachai@yahoo.ca
It would be wise to buy a horse for its skill, NOT for its breed. Almost ANY breed can do show jumping, so find a horse that is big eough to do your level of jumping, clean and scopey eough to clear the jumps if you don't get to your jumping distance, and a proper age to handle the stress of that disipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment