Sunday, August 2, 2009

We need to consider what to do with our beloved pet when she dies. Do you have some nice ideas?


Answers:
There is a company that can create a diamond with your pet's ashes. This is a great way of treasuring the memory of your pet.
http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/beloved...
My Mom had our cat and our large dog both of them creamated and one is in w/my stepdad's ashes. Mom wantst to have the cat's ashes combined with her ashes when she dies. It costs about $75.00 and its one way you can have your pet with you when you pass away. I plan to look into it myself I have a 12 year old male cat.
Some vets offer a cremation. When my pet died I got to decide if I wanted to cremate and have them scatter the ashes with other pets, or if I wanted individual cremation and the ashes back in a wooden ashes holder(can't remember what is was called)

I have heard of pet cemetaries, which is good if you want a place to visit the pet.

For me I liked the idea of him being cremated with other animals are having the ashes spread. It was comforting to know that he was with other animals and that his ashes were going back to the earth.
I want to get my darling cat cremated. I think I would put some ashes in a small capsule to hold onto and sprinkle the rest around the neighbourhood where he has spent his full life roaming. You could get a stuffed toy that looks similar to your animal and put the ashes in an appropriate vessel and keep them inside the toy. maybe?
i think cremations are the most reasonable. I had my dog cremated about a year ago, he is now sitting in a beautiful box they gave me on the fireplace mantle. i can always remember him and i know he's not ust slowly rotting underground.
If you have property, bury your pet and plant a nice tree above the grave to remember her.
Our rat, gerbil, goldfish and mice were burried in the backyard. Our goldfish was rather large (and in my creative 4 yr. old mind, named him Large), so he couldn't go down the toilet...it was dead winter, so we ended up freezing him and burying him in the first thaw, so then when it snowed I made a little snowfish over his grave for him. With the others, we found some nice stones to put over their graves, then planted flowers there following summer.

Our two dogs were cremated - they are in beautiful boxes on the ledge between our dining room and living room. Infront of the urns we have a picture of them - the one that just recently died also has an ink paw print and a plaster pawprint in a little photo case (the one side has greater depth for the plaster pawprint). For me, to see his large paws...I don't know, it makes me remember him even better - the walks in the snow and slush, his muddy paw prints when he came in from the rain which leads to memories of his nose that always got dirty because he loved to dig...and the memories just continue.

I don't know...I know that I will have a lot of animals in my life and I can't collect urn boxes forever. My grandmother has a little corner in her yard where she buried her two dachshunds. She used to always plants flowers there - one year the deer ate them and she was devastated. A few weeks later, some wild flowers popped up only in the area with the dogs - it seemed very special. She leaves that corner alone and the flowers come back every year.
In the past I have always buried my pets. When my beloved Codey passed we buried him near a large tree and put up a little head stone.. you can often get small pet headstones very cheap at places that mix concrete.
Recently I had to bury my neighbor's rabbit because he died of a stomach upset. You can have a dedication to him, or cremation with an urn and a poem etched on it. If you want to share your thoughts about your pet, go to www.rainbowbridge.com and you can put up a memorial about your pet with a picture and a speech. You can have a tombstone over her grave with etchings and designs. Maybe you can hang a wreath of flowers now and then in her favorite spot. Keep pictures of her around the house. You can bury her at her favorite spot outside (unless it's somewhere inaccessible). I hope that your pet will have a wonderful last hours or days or even months! Make her comfortable and happy. I'm sorry for your pet... Hope this helped... :-)
I've had my pets cremated, and their ashes currently reside in small urns. My family knows that my wishes are that my pets' ashes be scattered with mine.
we dont have enough money to cremate, but it would be good to do that if i could. if you dont want to cremate your pet, then burry her somewere outside that was her favorite place to be. and maybe plant a tree out there and put a headstone over her grave. every special occasion i would but flowers on my cats grave. on her bday i would pick TONS of flowers and put them out there. well good luck!
well my pet was small she was a guinea pig so i wrapped her up in a plaid cloth and put her inside a box i made for her and dug really deep then put her in the hole and covered it up and after that I put a cross over it.
Cremate or bury, plant a nice garden in memory, make a scrapbbok, and then make a donation in your pets name to the animal interest group of your choice so that the love carries on...

No comments:

Post a Comment