Sunday, August 2, 2009

We have built some rabbit hutches?

One hutch would fit one rabbit...We have made them very rabbit (clean)friendly... and have painted them wonderful disney colors ( piglet pink ect) very cute for young pet owners I was wondering how much you guys think we should sale them for? I know they same type of hutch sell for over $100 at IFA but they are so plain and boring.. the ones we made are not a eye sore and plus purfect for a rabbit.
I am a lionhead breeder so I know rabbits
Answers:
Anything "custom built" would be worth more than mass-production. If they are as good as you say they are you should have no trouble getting up to $150.00 or more. I would suggest looking in your local classified section of your newspaper or online for rabbit breeders and/or "fanciers". Also, you could set up a booth at your local "flea market". There you will encounter many people from all walks of life. Or you could try putting adds up in local businesses around town to market your product. It sounds like you have a good thing going. I wish you luck.
I can't give you a price, but maybe I can help you figure one out. I think a good place to start might be to ask a local feed store, or pet store, if they might be interested in selling them for you. They would have a good idea what they would sell for, and you might get a good outlet for them there.

The other thing you might try is to go to a local FFA chapter. They have a site: http://www.ffa.org/

I would imagine there is a place on there to find a chapter in your area, or to contact them online. They are active in schools, especially in rural areas. My daughter had rabbits for her FFA project in highschool.

The other thing you might want to try, is checking with your nearest fairgrounds, about getting registered with a booth at their fair this summer. You might be able to market them there, or at least attend the fair and check out the rabbit breeders section. You could have fun looking at their rabbits, and ask them what your hutches would be worth.

If yours are as good quality as the ones you see selling for $100, and yours are painted so nicely, I would think yours might be worth $125 or more. It's hard for me to guess of course, and some of it all depends on finding the right market for them

They sound nice, and quite cute. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment