Sunday, August 2, 2009

Training program for a young horse, just broken in?

I am interested in seeing a four week detailed program for riding and teaching a horse that has just been taught the basics of being ridden in a walk. I would like to compare what different methods everyone uses and what intensity they are compared to what I think.

Thanks
Answers:
ALL The basics taught at the walk, are the same basics to be taught at all gaits.
Leg pressures and reining to circle, bend, move forward, ect.. remain the same from a walk to jumping fences or roping.
Check out seriously Susan E. Harris balanced seat books.
Whether you ride western or English the training aids for green or seasoned show horses are the same.
4 week course?...
Most professionals that break horses charge approx. $500.00 to $1000.00 for 30-days.
I sincerely advise that only an a advanced rider, attempt to school/train a green horse. There is a reason that there is professionals. A green horse and a green rider = Danger and disastrous results for both.
I could go on and on..I have been riding for 35 years. I am a trainer, instructor, breeder and have started to judge schooling shows, and I am lucky to have been a student, shown or have worked with the some of the most respected trainers, judges, instructors in the field. E-mail them, read and view their videos ect..And don't forget to get advise from a good well respected blacksmith and vet. These people know who is who

No comments:

Post a Comment