Sunday, August 2, 2009

Walking stick bugs?!?

I just saw a person post that they have "walking stick bugs" in a response to someone else's question...the name intrigues me:
what is a "walking stick bug"
does anyone have any good links so I can further research this on my own---I'm very interested in learning as much as I can
thanks!
Answers:
Here is a set of links you might enjoy:

http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/...
http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/...

They're fascinating-looking bugs! :)
It's a long skinny bug that's brown or green that looks just like a stick. Long legs and pointy face. They're very nice as pets actually and I had a teach back in school who used to let us take them out of the cage and walk over the desk, never had one bite. Outside in the wild they eat a lot of pest bugs and normally you don't even notice them around. Just do a yahoo search for walking sticks.
Yeah go to this one= ) or the other 1 there are allot of different types of stick bugs= )
It's brown %26 looks like a stick - think super skinny praying mantis
Walking Stick Bugs are a long, very thin looking bug that looks like a small stick that has about 6 legs. (not sure how many) I see them a lot around the outside of my house, like clinging to the side of the house %26 etc. I pick them up and I have never been bitten so maybe they don't bite. I never hurt them b/c I heard they eat other bugs that are bad for our gardens %26 plants. I live in Pa. and I don't know how many states have this little creature. You would know one if you ever saw one. They look just like a stick..

No comments:

Post a Comment